Dryland Training For Swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to see what everyone out there is doing for there dryland program or strength program. I work at a facility called IHPSWIM and we take a functional approach to our training. We are taking the intensity to the next level since taper is right around the corner, Here is what we did yesterday with the Fort Lauderdale aquatics of Boca Raton. Leg Circuit 3 x 24 squats 24 lunges 24 split jumps 12 jump squats (we do this twice through non - stop in under 2:30) That is a total of 6 sets - killer leg workout! We finished with some core work and some rope climbing. What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? Grif Fig Founder of IHPSWIM
Parents
  • > I now only do, occasionally, raises and rotations for shoulders. Raises and rotations? Can you describe? I do something where I extend my arms out in front or to the side and rotate in both directions (small circles). I never knew what they were called, but that sounds more or less like it could be what you do. Raises: I do, as a group with light dumbells: one-arm forward raises, where you lift from arm at sides to 90 degrees forward, alternating arms; lateral raises, arms at sides raised to 90 degrees sideways; and reverse flyes, which are done bent-over, arms hanging toward the floor and lifted 90 degrees out to the sides. Rotations: Internal and external rotations (with bands). Arm is bent 90 degrees at elbow with upper arm against side of body. lower arm moves from pointing forward (like gunfighter) horizontally across body (internal) or from across body to gunfighter (external).
  • > I now only do, occasionally, raises and rotations for shoulders. Raises and rotations? Can you describe? I do something where I extend my arms out in front or to the side and rotate in both directions (small circles). I never knew what they were called, but that sounds more or less like it could be what you do. Raises: I do, as a group with light dumbells: one-arm forward raises, where you lift from arm at sides to 90 degrees forward, alternating arms; lateral raises, arms at sides raised to 90 degrees sideways; and reverse flyes, which are done bent-over, arms hanging toward the floor and lifted 90 degrees out to the sides. Rotations: Internal and external rotations (with bands). Arm is bent 90 degrees at elbow with upper arm against side of body. lower arm moves from pointing forward (like gunfighter) horizontally across body (internal) or from across body to gunfighter (external).
Children
No Data