Dryland Training For Swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to see what everyone out there is doing for there dryland program or strength program. I work at a facility called IHPSWIM and we take a functional approach to our training. We are taking the intensity to the next level since taper is right around the corner, Here is what we did yesterday with the Fort Lauderdale aquatics of Boca Raton. Leg Circuit 3 x 24 squats 24 lunges 24 split jumps 12 jump squats (we do this twice through non - stop in under 2:30) That is a total of 6 sets - killer leg workout! We finished with some core work and some rope climbing. What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? Grif Fig Founder of IHPSWIM
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I agree, exercises must be done in all 3 planes of motion but do not necessarily have to plyometrics. Again, it all comes down to progession. Before performing a skater you should master a bodyweight lateral lunge and then move on to a lateral lunge with external resistance. Once these movements are mastered and one can demonstrate CONTROL it may be time to try a skater at a low amplitude and progress the distance from there. My favorite training protocol for training all 3 planes of motion is called the dumbell matrix and was designed by one of the great physical therapists in Gary Gray. Also, have any of you guys been incorporating ropes into your training?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I agree, exercises must be done in all 3 planes of motion but do not necessarily have to plyometrics. Again, it all comes down to progession. Before performing a skater you should master a bodyweight lateral lunge and then move on to a lateral lunge with external resistance. Once these movements are mastered and one can demonstrate CONTROL it may be time to try a skater at a low amplitude and progress the distance from there. My favorite training protocol for training all 3 planes of motion is called the dumbell matrix and was designed by one of the great physical therapists in Gary Gray. Also, have any of you guys been incorporating ropes into your training?
Children
No Data