Dryland Training For Swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to see what everyone out there is doing for there dryland program or strength program. I work at a facility called IHPSWIM and we take a functional approach to our training. We are taking the intensity to the next level since taper is right around the corner, Here is what we did yesterday with the Fort Lauderdale aquatics of Boca Raton. Leg Circuit 3 x 24 squats 24 lunges 24 split jumps 12 jump squats (we do this twice through non - stop in under 2:30) That is a total of 6 sets - killer leg workout! We finished with some core work and some rope climbing. What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? Grif Fig Founder of IHPSWIM
Parents
  • However - most importantly - and something that should be stressed to everyone: all of the dryland + swimming + other cardio in the world is worthless without good nutrition and enough sleep. Good point! :applaud: I am worthless without good sleep, that's for sure. I need a good, solid 8 hours of :bed: to be useful for anything worthwhile. And, that was my problem at Nationals. My sleep wasn't good going into it and it didn't get good again until several days after. It's not that I didn't try; I allowed plenty of time for sleep, but it was due to my heat intolerance issues and a couple of other things out of my control. As for nutrition, right again. Good nutrition IS in my control and I do a darn good job of it. But, having said that, I do allow for my chocolate from time to time... :bliss:But, even that, I cut out for several weeks leading up to Nationals- then splurged on my cruise.:D
  • However - most importantly - and something that should be stressed to everyone: all of the dryland + swimming + other cardio in the world is worthless without good nutrition and enough sleep. Good point! :applaud: I am worthless without good sleep, that's for sure. I need a good, solid 8 hours of :bed: to be useful for anything worthwhile. And, that was my problem at Nationals. My sleep wasn't good going into it and it didn't get good again until several days after. It's not that I didn't try; I allowed plenty of time for sleep, but it was due to my heat intolerance issues and a couple of other things out of my control. As for nutrition, right again. Good nutrition IS in my control and I do a darn good job of it. But, having said that, I do allow for my chocolate from time to time... :bliss:But, even that, I cut out for several weeks leading up to Nationals- then splurged on my cruise.:D
Children
No Data