Dryland Training For Swimmers

Former Member
Former Member
I am looking to see what everyone out there is doing for there dryland program or strength program. I work at a facility called IHPSWIM and we take a functional approach to our training. We are taking the intensity to the next level since taper is right around the corner, Here is what we did yesterday with the Fort Lauderdale aquatics of Boca Raton. Leg Circuit 3 x 24 squats 24 lunges 24 split jumps 12 jump squats (we do this twice through non - stop in under 2:30) That is a total of 6 sets - killer leg workout! We finished with some core work and some rope climbing. What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? Grif Fig Founder of IHPSWIM
Parents
  • What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? This is what I did today. I typically do a 11/2 workout like this 2x wk. I used to alternate swim and dryland days, but now I try to swim 5x wk. I workout 7 days/ wk, with the 7th day being easy. My swims are typically 11/4 - 11/2 hrs. : -Treadmill, walk fast for 20 minutes- Warm up for 10 minutes @ 4mph. Next 10 minutes are 1 minute each at 4.2 mph, 4.4 mph, 4.6 mph. Repeat, etc. - Elliptical 15 minutes @ around 125 strides/min - Recumbent bike 15 minutes - Nautilus weight circuit for legs & torso (2 sets of 12 reps - Dumbells for arms, upper back, shoulders (Swimming Anatomy book) (2 sets of 12 reps) - 200 crunches of various types (PT recommended for past back surgery) - Other various Swimming Anatomy book exercises specifically for breaststroke - Stretches recommended in Jan/Feb 2010 Swimmer Magazine - Stretches and exercises for ankles and feet recommended for past tarsal tunnel syndrome problem. - Stretches recommended by PT for past Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery on shoulder If I don't get interrupted, I am able to move along with my plan with no breaks in between, except to refill my water bottle. And, I can get it done in 11/2 hrs. :D
  • What are you guys doing out there or what questions do you have? This is what I did today. I typically do a 11/2 workout like this 2x wk. I used to alternate swim and dryland days, but now I try to swim 5x wk. I workout 7 days/ wk, with the 7th day being easy. My swims are typically 11/4 - 11/2 hrs. : -Treadmill, walk fast for 20 minutes- Warm up for 10 minutes @ 4mph. Next 10 minutes are 1 minute each at 4.2 mph, 4.4 mph, 4.6 mph. Repeat, etc. - Elliptical 15 minutes @ around 125 strides/min - Recumbent bike 15 minutes - Nautilus weight circuit for legs & torso (2 sets of 12 reps - Dumbells for arms, upper back, shoulders (Swimming Anatomy book) (2 sets of 12 reps) - 200 crunches of various types (PT recommended for past back surgery) - Other various Swimming Anatomy book exercises specifically for breaststroke - Stretches recommended in Jan/Feb 2010 Swimmer Magazine - Stretches and exercises for ankles and feet recommended for past tarsal tunnel syndrome problem. - Stretches recommended by PT for past Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery on shoulder If I don't get interrupted, I am able to move along with my plan with no breaks in between, except to refill my water bottle. And, I can get it done in 11/2 hrs. :D
Children
No Data