The SDK Lane

We love to SDK. It's the 5th stroke. It takes skill, strength, flexibility, conditioning & mental toughness. For many it's the 2nd fastest stroke, but it's not a legal stroke. We wish it was legal. We wish there weren't 15 m restrictions in races. We count our kicks because kicks count. We train to SDK faster. Some call SDKs underwaters or dolphins. What are you doing to improve your SDK? How many do you take in each race? Help! My SDK is Horrible! has many tips & a program to get faster. Here's a helpful post in it. What are your SDK times? 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 & 200? Spend some time in the SDK lane & you'll be kicking faster before you know it. the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Hanging leg lifts = all you need :) If you still want more though... lay on your back, lift your legs about 1 foot off the ground and then with your legs together move your legs as if writing the alphabet with your toes. Do this til you can go twice through the alphabet without lowering the legs :) I never thought of it as ab strength though, you want ab endurance. That sounds painful - but worth a go I guess! I finished a 25 SDK with no fins in 22 sec today. Gotta start somewhere.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Hanging leg lifts = all you need :) If you still want more though... lay on your back, lift your legs about 1 foot off the ground and then with your legs together move your legs as if writing the alphabet with your toes. Do this til you can go twice through the alphabet without lowering the legs :) I never thought of it as ab strength though, you want ab endurance. That sounds painful - but worth a go I guess! I finished a 25 SDK with no fins in 22 sec today. Gotta start somewhere.
Children
No Data