The SDK Lane

We love to SDK. It's the 5th stroke. It takes skill, strength, flexibility, conditioning & mental toughness. For many it's the 2nd fastest stroke, but it's not a legal stroke. We wish it was legal. We wish there weren't 15 m restrictions in races. We count our kicks because kicks count. We train to SDK faster. Some call SDKs underwaters or dolphins. What are you doing to improve your SDK? How many do you take in each race? Help! My SDK is Horrible! has many tips & a program to get faster. Here's a helpful post in it. What are your SDK times? 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 & 200? Spend some time in the SDK lane & you'll be kicking faster before you know it. the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck
Parents
  • This is the FASTEST 50 LCM SDK from a backstroke start that I've ever seen in person or on video, Hill Taylor Men 50 Meters Backstroke (final A) Texas Circuit #3, Austin Lee and Joe Jamail Swim Center Austin, TX, US Jun, 11 2009 - Jun 14 2009 What do you think? Do you know of a faster one? (i heard Lochte SDKed 50 LCM in 22.8 at the 2008 Olympic training camp, but I'm not sure how he started & there's no video)
  • This is the FASTEST 50 LCM SDK from a backstroke start that I've ever seen in person or on video, Hill Taylor Men 50 Meters Backstroke (final A) Texas Circuit #3, Austin Lee and Joe Jamail Swim Center Austin, TX, US Jun, 11 2009 - Jun 14 2009 What do you think? Do you know of a faster one? (i heard Lochte SDKed 50 LCM in 22.8 at the 2008 Olympic training camp, but I'm not sure how he started & there's no video)
Children
No Data