The SDK Lane

We love to SDK. It's the 5th stroke. It takes skill, strength, flexibility, conditioning & mental toughness. For many it's the 2nd fastest stroke, but it's not a legal stroke. We wish it was legal. We wish there weren't 15 m restrictions in races. We count our kicks because kicks count. We train to SDK faster. Some call SDKs underwaters or dolphins. What are you doing to improve your SDK? How many do you take in each race? Help! My SDK is Horrible! has many tips & a program to get faster. Here's a helpful post in it. What are your SDK times? 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 & 200? Spend some time in the SDK lane & you'll be kicking faster before you know it. the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Ande thank you so much for having taken the time. I appreciate a lot. Chris, those were a fantastic races. If you have a blog or something, a youtube account where I could visualize several more, I would greatly appreciate. The winner was even stronger on SDK it appears. I tested the other day, 2 50m fast, 1 almost not breathing, 1 breathing every stroke (in this order). I came up with 30.85, 30.95 respectively. Therefore I agree with you on that it's not worth building up an o2 accumulated deficit. Damn I hate SDKing on my belly. I hate feeling that I hold my breathe when I could breathe, but I guess I am going to have to live with it. I doubt that I will ever use this in a 200 though. Thanks to you all, I needed to have a feel about how widespread SDK was among 200 fly swimmers. I am a bit surprised to see the huge advantage Chris got out of it over the 100, although his performance level as well as physical abilities place him closer to say, some varsity level senior swimmers, than to mere masters training 9kilo per week and not coming from an club swimming background.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Ande thank you so much for having taken the time. I appreciate a lot. Chris, those were a fantastic races. If you have a blog or something, a youtube account where I could visualize several more, I would greatly appreciate. The winner was even stronger on SDK it appears. I tested the other day, 2 50m fast, 1 almost not breathing, 1 breathing every stroke (in this order). I came up with 30.85, 30.95 respectively. Therefore I agree with you on that it's not worth building up an o2 accumulated deficit. Damn I hate SDKing on my belly. I hate feeling that I hold my breathe when I could breathe, but I guess I am going to have to live with it. I doubt that I will ever use this in a 200 though. Thanks to you all, I needed to have a feel about how widespread SDK was among 200 fly swimmers. I am a bit surprised to see the huge advantage Chris got out of it over the 100, although his performance level as well as physical abilities place him closer to say, some varsity level senior swimmers, than to mere masters training 9kilo per week and not coming from an club swimming background.
Children
No Data