Swimming history - flip turns and goggles

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone remember: When were flip turns in free style invented/introduced in competitive swimming? When did goggles become 'standard equipment' for swimmers? Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    The original post was wrong. *** has always been part of IM. It was fly that was added (since it wasn't considered a separate stroke prior to 1952). Of course it wasn't *** stroke ... So, I'll just have to keep arguing for a new swim event, the 300 tripley: 100 fly-100 back-100 free. Would be a great event for two reasons: 1. No need to do *** stroke (at which I really suck ...) 2. A perfect distance - not too short, not too long Anyone doing a backstroke start tiday like the ones we did in the seventies would probably be disqualified for delaying the start ... :cane:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    The original post was wrong. *** has always been part of IM. It was fly that was added (since it wasn't considered a separate stroke prior to 1952). Of course it wasn't *** stroke ... So, I'll just have to keep arguing for a new swim event, the 300 tripley: 100 fly-100 back-100 free. Would be a great event for two reasons: 1. No need to do *** stroke (at which I really suck ...) 2. A perfect distance - not too short, not too long Anyone doing a backstroke start tiday like the ones we did in the seventies would probably be disqualified for delaying the start ... :cane:
Children
No Data