Water tight ear plugs

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone out there know if any great earplugs that prevent swimmers ear? I have tried some for about 1 month and got double ear infections. I have been out of swimming for 2 weeks and really want to get back in the pool any ideas?
Parents
  • I have not swum for about a week now. I caught some kind of virus and it settled in my inner ear. I have partial deafness in my left ear! I went to a regular doctor within 24 hours of onset and I am taking antibiotics. However, the deafness remains. Up to now I've been swimming 10 to 11 miles a week for the past 3 months inpreparation for the Cross Chesapeake Bay Swim June 13 this year. Gawd, do I need to give up swimming because of ear problems? (I can not give up swimming.) I plan to see an EENT Dr. first thing tomorrow morning. For the first time in my life I have bought ear plugs and a nose clip with the intent of getting back into the pool later this week. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  • I have not swum for about a week now. I caught some kind of virus and it settled in my inner ear. I have partial deafness in my left ear! I went to a regular doctor within 24 hours of onset and I am taking antibiotics. However, the deafness remains. Up to now I've been swimming 10 to 11 miles a week for the past 3 months inpreparation for the Cross Chesapeake Bay Swim June 13 this year. Gawd, do I need to give up swimming because of ear problems? (I can not give up swimming.) I plan to see an EENT Dr. first thing tomorrow morning. For the first time in my life I have bought ear plugs and a nose clip with the intent of getting back into the pool later this week. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Children
No Data