Water tight ear plugs

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone out there know if any great earplugs that prevent swimmers ear? I have tried some for about 1 month and got double ear infections. I have been out of swimming for 2 weeks and really want to get back in the pool any ideas?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I found that after many years of ear problems the most important thing I can do is to rinse my ears thoroughly after swimming. While in the shower at the pool I repeatedly fill one ear with water and let it drain and then do the other. I probably do this 3-4 times for each ear. If I don't do this I invariably have ear problems. You could also consider using one of those ear flushing squeeze bulbs that shoot water in your ear. Using distilled water might also have some benefit (just guessing).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I found that after many years of ear problems the most important thing I can do is to rinse my ears thoroughly after swimming. While in the shower at the pool I repeatedly fill one ear with water and let it drain and then do the other. I probably do this 3-4 times for each ear. If I don't do this I invariably have ear problems. You could also consider using one of those ear flushing squeeze bulbs that shoot water in your ear. Using distilled water might also have some benefit (just guessing).
Children
No Data