Early-Vertical-Forearm

Former Member
Former Member
How many use the early vertical forearm method? How many believe it is less prone to shoulder injuries? I tried it for the first time today and it wore my butt out! I did feel like I had more surface area to pull with and the force felt more horizontally directed toward my feet. I have a lot of work to do if I continue to adopt this stroke method.:bolt: www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I thought the benko video was great. She has a reasonable EVF but it isn't extreme like Thorpe. Ahd she describes how to start it, namely by getting those fingers pointing to the bottom early and let the rest follow. After working on my catch a bit, it became clear that it is not something designed to make swimming freestyle *easier* but rather to make you *faster*. I know some of us like to glide rather than start the pull early which is probably a bad habit if we're interested in speed.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I thought the benko video was great. She has a reasonable EVF but it isn't extreme like Thorpe. Ahd she describes how to start it, namely by getting those fingers pointing to the bottom early and let the rest follow. After working on my catch a bit, it became clear that it is not something designed to make swimming freestyle *easier* but rather to make you *faster*. I know some of us like to glide rather than start the pull early which is probably a bad habit if we're interested in speed.
Children
No Data