So much faster with a pull buoy

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone suggest drills to help me swim as fast without a pull buoy as I do with one? I work hard at practice 5 days a week and make incremental gains every so often. But my improvement over the past year can't compare to the amount I improve when I grab a pull buoy. So - I need to be working on my body alignment? Keeping my legs high in the water? Strengthening my abs? I try to work on all of those things but I would really appreciate any drill or workout ideas. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Where can you get a band for your feet? My Masters Team doesn't use them? I don't get to remember how they tailor them. Rubber material, maybe one of those tubes kids like to play with in the pool? The black ones? Otherwise, anything works I guess. I use whatever straps I may find on the deck usually. Sometimes borrow them from some safety jackets stored in a depot.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Where can you get a band for your feet? My Masters Team doesn't use them? I don't get to remember how they tailor them. Rubber material, maybe one of those tubes kids like to play with in the pool? The black ones? Otherwise, anything works I guess. I use whatever straps I may find on the deck usually. Sometimes borrow them from some safety jackets stored in a depot.
Children
No Data