Total swim newbie, how do I manage 750 m?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi. I've never trained swimming before, and now I have to do a 750 meters swim (25 meters lane) in a triathlon competition. I can't crawl, so I will have to do with *** swimming. I'm not a good *** swimmer neither, so I expect to loose a ton of time to the other competitors. I'm not looking for any miracles, but is there anything I can do to minimize my time loss? Any easy tips to a total amateur in the last second (considering that I won't have any time to train before the event, this monday in two days)? Thanks! Andreas
Parents
  • Well, I'm doing one next week, May 6th, and I cannot run. Arthritis in the spine forces me to walk the 5k which can take 45-50 minutes. I've been swimming well and probably can improve the swim time over last year by almost 2 minutes, but in a 2 hr event, that's peanuts. The swim portion of a triathlon of any length is almost inconsequential compared to the time spent on bike and the run. So the original poster may be good at bike and run and do quite well despite floundering in the water. Many triathletes are poor swimmers. My last Tri was an indoor event in the winter. I finished last of the 27 entrants which is normal for 70. I was 26th of 27 in the bike, 24th of 27 in the run, but tied for 13th in the swim.
  • Well, I'm doing one next week, May 6th, and I cannot run. Arthritis in the spine forces me to walk the 5k which can take 45-50 minutes. I've been swimming well and probably can improve the swim time over last year by almost 2 minutes, but in a 2 hr event, that's peanuts. The swim portion of a triathlon of any length is almost inconsequential compared to the time spent on bike and the run. So the original poster may be good at bike and run and do quite well despite floundering in the water. Many triathletes are poor swimmers. My last Tri was an indoor event in the winter. I finished last of the 27 entrants which is normal for 70. I was 26th of 27 in the bike, 24th of 27 in the run, but tied for 13th in the swim.
Children
No Data