Total swim newbie, how do I manage 750 m?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi. I've never trained swimming before, and now I have to do a 750 meters swim (25 meters lane) in a triathlon competition. I can't crawl, so I will have to do with *** swimming. I'm not a good *** swimmer neither, so I expect to loose a ton of time to the other competitors. I'm not looking for any miracles, but is there anything I can do to minimize my time loss? Any easy tips to a total amateur in the last second (considering that I won't have any time to train before the event, this monday in two days)? Thanks! Andreas
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Good luck--do tell us how it turned out! It...turned out. :) Actually, it did feel better than I thought it would, at least in the water. I sometimes managed to streamline ok, and that really made a difference. Hardest part was that I unconsciously stressed myself up and swam bad at times. When I noticed that, and stressed down again, it went much better. All in all, the swimming went much better than I thought it would, even though I probably swam too hard, which I had to suffer for on the bike and in the running shoes later on. You should try a tri yourself! If you've got road rash, I would say I have water rash. ;-) I will most likely get some proper swim coaching before the next triathlon. Thanks again for your help, everybody!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Good luck--do tell us how it turned out! It...turned out. :) Actually, it did feel better than I thought it would, at least in the water. I sometimes managed to streamline ok, and that really made a difference. Hardest part was that I unconsciously stressed myself up and swam bad at times. When I noticed that, and stressed down again, it went much better. All in all, the swimming went much better than I thought it would, even though I probably swam too hard, which I had to suffer for on the bike and in the running shoes later on. You should try a tri yourself! If you've got road rash, I would say I have water rash. ;-) I will most likely get some proper swim coaching before the next triathlon. Thanks again for your help, everybody!
Children
No Data