Total swim newbie, how do I manage 750 m?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi. I've never trained swimming before, and now I have to do a 750 meters swim (25 meters lane) in a triathlon competition. I can't crawl, so I will have to do with *** swimming. I'm not a good *** swimmer neither, so I expect to loose a ton of time to the other competitors. I'm not looking for any miracles, but is there anything I can do to minimize my time loss? Any easy tips to a total amateur in the last second (considering that I won't have any time to train before the event, this monday in two days)? Thanks! Andreas
Parents
  • Great tips, thank you all! I'm off in two hours, and feel much more confident now. Good luck--do tell us how it turned out! I would agree that for your next tri, get some coaching... You'll get lots more out of the swim... but given your time constraint, for this one ya gotta do whatcha gotta do! At least in a pool, you're less likely to have major problems than in open water. My key block to entering a tri is the bike part. I'm down with the run and the swim, but I'm allergic to bikes... I get road rash.... ;)
  • Great tips, thank you all! I'm off in two hours, and feel much more confident now. Good luck--do tell us how it turned out! I would agree that for your next tri, get some coaching... You'll get lots more out of the swim... but given your time constraint, for this one ya gotta do whatcha gotta do! At least in a pool, you're less likely to have major problems than in open water. My key block to entering a tri is the bike part. I'm down with the run and the swim, but I'm allergic to bikes... I get road rash.... ;)
Children
No Data