Pool water allergy?

Former Member
Former Member
The last few days after swimming my nose often feels like it has allergic reaction from the swims. It's runny and sometimes triggers sneezes, feels just like pollen allergies. Today all day, and I thought please let it not be swine flu :eek:. By now I'm sure it's not swine flu and it's from the swims. Has anyone experienced the same? The pool uses ozone, and a little chlorine.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    It's well known that ozone triggers an asthmatic attack in asthma sufferers. My pool uses ozone and a little chlorine. As it so happens, I'm slightly asthmatic and I never get enough air as I swim. In fact, I can't swim more than a length at a time. I have an asthma inhaler, but it doesn't seem to undo the effect of the ozone. Some of my problem may have to do with technique, such as no exhaling fully and not keeping my body high enough in the water (as a result of not kicking steadily). But I'm pretty sure the problem with not getting enough air has to do with the ozone.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    It's well known that ozone triggers an asthmatic attack in asthma sufferers. My pool uses ozone and a little chlorine. As it so happens, I'm slightly asthmatic and I never get enough air as I swim. In fact, I can't swim more than a length at a time. I have an asthma inhaler, but it doesn't seem to undo the effect of the ozone. Some of my problem may have to do with technique, such as no exhaling fully and not keeping my body high enough in the water (as a result of not kicking steadily). But I'm pretty sure the problem with not getting enough air has to do with the ozone.
Children
No Data