Pool water allergy?

Former Member
Former Member
The last few days after swimming my nose often feels like it has allergic reaction from the swims. It's runny and sometimes triggers sneezes, feels just like pollen allergies. Today all day, and I thought please let it not be swine flu :eek:. By now I'm sure it's not swine flu and it's from the swims. Has anyone experienced the same? The pool uses ozone, and a little chlorine.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    My younger brother developed an allergy to chlorine and some allergies are accumulative, meaning that you may not experience them for 2 years, then it finally hits a breaking point and you wont be able to bear it at all. For him, he had to move to a pool (LA Fitness) that uses bromine instead of chlorine. I think bromine can only be used in indoor pools because it breaks down under sun exposure.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    My younger brother developed an allergy to chlorine and some allergies are accumulative, meaning that you may not experience them for 2 years, then it finally hits a breaking point and you wont be able to bear it at all. For him, he had to move to a pool (LA Fitness) that uses bromine instead of chlorine. I think bromine can only be used in indoor pools because it breaks down under sun exposure.
Children
No Data