Pool water allergy?

Former Member
Former Member
The last few days after swimming my nose often feels like it has allergic reaction from the swims. It's runny and sometimes triggers sneezes, feels just like pollen allergies. Today all day, and I thought please let it not be swine flu :eek:. By now I'm sure it's not swine flu and it's from the swims. Has anyone experienced the same? The pool uses ozone, and a little chlorine.
Parents
  • I had the same thing at the pool I used to swim in, which was considerably warmer and more chlorinated than the pool I swim in now. The sneezes, really violent ones, would start the morning after (I swam in the evenings) and last about half a day. If I didn't swim one day, I wouldn't have the runny nose and sneezing the next, which is how I associated it with the pool. I'm 58 and had never had any allergies before. My doctor said that allergies build up over time, and now I think I'm beginning to feel the effects of pollen too. Anyway, I did get some relief at my old pool by using a nasal rinse as soon as I got home. The rinse is just a plastic bottle with some saline solution that you squirt up one nostril until it comes out the other. It flushes out your sinuses. You can buy the apparatus—I think it's called Dr. Neal's Nasal Rinse—at a drugstore. It'll be in the aisle with all the other nasal stuff, but just remember, it's a rinse, not a spray!
  • I had the same thing at the pool I used to swim in, which was considerably warmer and more chlorinated than the pool I swim in now. The sneezes, really violent ones, would start the morning after (I swam in the evenings) and last about half a day. If I didn't swim one day, I wouldn't have the runny nose and sneezing the next, which is how I associated it with the pool. I'm 58 and had never had any allergies before. My doctor said that allergies build up over time, and now I think I'm beginning to feel the effects of pollen too. Anyway, I did get some relief at my old pool by using a nasal rinse as soon as I got home. The rinse is just a plastic bottle with some saline solution that you squirt up one nostril until it comes out the other. It flushes out your sinuses. You can buy the apparatus—I think it's called Dr. Neal's Nasal Rinse—at a drugstore. It'll be in the aisle with all the other nasal stuff, but just remember, it's a rinse, not a spray!
Children
No Data