Your first masters swim meet

I did it. I finally got the guts to sign up for my first masters swim meet. I am a little nervous (ok a lot nervous!) about it. From what I have read on here, the atmosphere at most places is pretty friendly and welcoming. Would anyone like to share anything with me on what to expect? How different is it than an age group (other than the obvious lack of kids and parents running around) meet or a high school meet? Those are my only meet experiences. I don't think that it is a large meet, but I am a little nervous about how this whole "masters" thing works. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I just did my first master's meet on February 14/15th and LOVED it. How close is the meet to where you live? We went up on the Friday night before, and went and swam in the pool. If that is possible, I would highly recommend it! It went a long way in easing my jitters, and I wasn't so overwhelmed when we walked on on Saturday morning. My other bit of newbie advice is to talk to all the other swimmers! They all want to help, and are glad to have another person join their sport. Good Luck, and let us know how you do!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I just did my first master's meet on February 14/15th and LOVED it. How close is the meet to where you live? We went up on the Friday night before, and went and swam in the pool. If that is possible, I would highly recommend it! It went a long way in easing my jitters, and I wasn't so overwhelmed when we walked on on Saturday morning. My other bit of newbie advice is to talk to all the other swimmers! They all want to help, and are glad to have another person join their sport. Good Luck, and let us know how you do!
Children
No Data