Training in hot water and racing in cold water.

I need some advice from those that train in warm water temps (85 degrees and above) and go to meets where the water temp is 78. This is usually quite a shock to my body and can cause my muscles to tighten up. Any advice on how to acclimate to cooler water temps before the meet? There are only 2 indoor pools in a 30 mile radius and both pools are kept at about 87. I have no choice but to train in this and complaining to the management about the high temps seems to make no difference
Parents
  • There are some great threads on cold water training on the marathonswimming.org forums. Once you get there, put in Cold Water into the search box and you'll be able to come up with some good discussions. It's probably do-able to go from 65 to 57, but there are things you can do to help mitigate such as cold showers and other things. Good luck!
  • There are some great threads on cold water training on the marathonswimming.org forums. Once you get there, put in Cold Water into the search box and you'll be able to come up with some good discussions. It's probably do-able to go from 65 to 57, but there are things you can do to help mitigate such as cold showers and other things. Good luck!
Children
No Data