Swimming Stereotypes

Former Member
Former Member
Equipment Rep Trains with every piece of equipment available at all times. The Luddite Trains with nothing. Only uses a loin cloth and goggles in workout. The Barnacle Leaves right on your feet. Couldn't count to five or ten if his life depnded on it. The Coach Not an actual coach, but someone who is consumed with technique. Swimming is a precise set of moves that can be broken down, categorized, and scientifically analyzed. The Jaded Could care less about technique. Just wants to swim and leave the analysis to the eggheads. The Swimaholic Trains at least 10 swimming workouts a week. Anything less is viewed as not trying. Fast Guy who Never Trains Shows up once a month and breaks national records in practice. Hardest Working Man in the Swim Business Trains like a ferocious animal in workout, but has no speed when it comes to racing. Lane Guy Works out in a lane that is far too fast or slow for him. The Crack Guy Dude, pull your swimsuit up or get a bigger size. The Newbie Shows up to practice in board shorts and a scuba mask. _________________ As for myself, I would fall into the categories of Luddite and Jaded. Also, I wrote this from a male perspective, but the women are included as well. Any other stereotypes?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Euro-Speedo Guy Middle-aged, hairy, big belly. Still wearing the same tiny water polo suit he wore in Russia in 1980. Forum Moth Drawn to new forum users like a moth to a flame. Immediately senses their weaknesses, like a predator in the wild.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Euro-Speedo Guy Middle-aged, hairy, big belly. Still wearing the same tiny water polo suit he wore in Russia in 1980. Forum Moth Drawn to new forum users like a moth to a flame. Immediately senses their weaknesses, like a predator in the wild.
Children
No Data