Masters/Swimming in Berlin, Germany?

Hi everyone, I will be going to Berlin Dec 13-20 and would like to swim. Are you aware of any Masters teams or good pools? Thanks! Diana
Parents
  • there are still no real Master swim teams in Germany as such as we know them in the US. Some clubs have them but they are more recreational swim clubs than competitive. A few clubs (my former team started it) now have groups for "retired swimmers", which probably comes the closest to a masters team. They were established out of former swimmers getting together and training again. Overall, adults normally go swim by themselves or find a triathlon group to train with. There are enough public pools around Germany (europa sport park is one of them and I can only recommend it, Europeans 2014 are going to be there) that there has not been a real need for real structured master teams. Whenever I go back to my hometown, I train with the Senior 1 team as there is only a triathlon group that trains once/week. www.berlin.de/.../ use google translate or click on any of the links underneath the picture and it will show you every public pool and lake in trhe respective district. If you have trouble reading, let me know where you are staying and I'll find the pools for you.
  • there are still no real Master swim teams in Germany as such as we know them in the US. Some clubs have them but they are more recreational swim clubs than competitive. A few clubs (my former team started it) now have groups for "retired swimmers", which probably comes the closest to a masters team. They were established out of former swimmers getting together and training again. Overall, adults normally go swim by themselves or find a triathlon group to train with. There are enough public pools around Germany (europa sport park is one of them and I can only recommend it, Europeans 2014 are going to be there) that there has not been a real need for real structured master teams. Whenever I go back to my hometown, I train with the Senior 1 team as there is only a triathlon group that trains once/week. www.berlin.de/.../ use google translate or click on any of the links underneath the picture and it will show you every public pool and lake in trhe respective district. If you have trouble reading, let me know where you are staying and I'll find the pools for you.
Children
No Data