racoon eyes

Former Member
Former Member
Maybe someone can help me out - I swim in the morning then rush to work. Practice ends about 30 minutes before I begin work, so "rush" is the operative word. Here's my problem: despite feeling great from the swimming induced endorphin high when I get to work, I look terrible. I still have racoon eyes from my goggles. www.usms.org/.../cane.gifI look a million years old. Anyone know any tricks, creams, or whatever to combat this? I have tried loosening my goggles, and have switched brands, but ulitmately these alternatives resulted in leaky goggles, and hence, pink eyes. Being a high school teacher, looking old is preferable to looking stoned, but still...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I had the same issue and it turned out that I had what is called pitting edema. It was caused by autoimmune antibodies (hashimotos disease). Get a blood test for APO thyroid antibodies (this is the only test that works TSH test is worthless). No I have medication and the problem has completely resolved and my vision is a lot better too.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I had the same issue and it turned out that I had what is called pitting edema. It was caused by autoimmune antibodies (hashimotos disease). Get a blood test for APO thyroid antibodies (this is the only test that works TSH test is worthless). No I have medication and the problem has completely resolved and my vision is a lot better too.
Children
No Data