dropping time in the 100 butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
Parents
  • its a 50 and a stroke. i got a 1:08 off of a pushoff www.youtube.com/watch Raydogg, focus on placing your arms infront of your body rather than slapping the water. Also, you need to work on your turns. Focus on getting as tight and small as possible during the turn and then shoot out quickly. Lastly, like myself you are a short swimmer (i am 5'7) so the best advice I can give you is to really work the turns and the underwater dolphin kick. That's where short swimmers have the advantage and it shortens the race on top of the water.
  • its a 50 and a stroke. i got a 1:08 off of a pushoff www.youtube.com/watch Raydogg, focus on placing your arms infront of your body rather than slapping the water. Also, you need to work on your turns. Focus on getting as tight and small as possible during the turn and then shoot out quickly. Lastly, like myself you are a short swimmer (i am 5'7) so the best advice I can give you is to really work the turns and the underwater dolphin kick. That's where short swimmers have the advantage and it shortens the race on top of the water.
Children
No Data