dropping time in the 100 butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Watching your video i noticed a couple of things right away. 1. Your hands and arms should slice through the water. You slap them against the surface of the water taking more time and energy. 2. You don't have a rhythm. You're swimming it but your whole body is not into the rhythm. 3. When you breath your head should break surface but should not go several inches above surface. It should only raise up to grab a small gulp of air and the should quickly retreat back into the water. Hope this helps!:banana:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Watching your video i noticed a couple of things right away. 1. Your hands and arms should slice through the water. You slap them against the surface of the water taking more time and energy. 2. You don't have a rhythm. You're swimming it but your whole body is not into the rhythm. 3. When you breath your head should break surface but should not go several inches above surface. It should only raise up to grab a small gulp of air and the should quickly retreat back into the water. Hope this helps!:banana:
Children
No Data