dropping time in the 100 butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    If you can concentrate on trying to get your 25yd (from a push-off) to 13 seconds you'll get your 1:00 or 1:02 (if your cardio isn't very good). When your 25 time drops your 100 time will drop more. Your 25 time drops will reflect stroke improvement / efficiency as well. Watch some good flyers (Olympics) if you can. There's always more ways to improve but I think you'll have fun using your 25's as one of those tools.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    If you can concentrate on trying to get your 25yd (from a push-off) to 13 seconds you'll get your 1:00 or 1:02 (if your cardio isn't very good). When your 25 time drops your 100 time will drop more. Your 25 time drops will reflect stroke improvement / efficiency as well. Watch some good flyers (Olympics) if you can. There's always more ways to improve but I think you'll have fun using your 25's as one of those tools.
Children
No Data