dropping time in the 100 butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
Parents
  • Hey Ray, there's many ways to improve your 100 fl tell us a little more about you age height weight training now and in the past get someone to video you swimming butterfly fast and put it up on you tube you can find everything I know about swimming faster at Swim Faster Faster Ande's Swimming Tips www.usms.org/.../showthread.php read them and apply them to your training Here's what you need to do improve your: 1) technique learn how to swim fly properly haven't seen you swim, don't know what mistakes you're making but probably many butterfly, starts, turns, streamline & SDK 2) conditioning how often do you train how long do you train what intervals can you hold everyone can be in better shape what's the fastest interval you can hold 5 x 100fr on getting 5 seconds rest after each 100 3) BODY strength is critical for speed lift weights to get stronger improve your shape if you're over weight improve your streamline 4) SDK SDK stands for Streamline Dolphin Kick you can SDK 15 meters or 16 yards of each length if you had a fast SDK you could possibly cover 64 yards of a 100 yard race without taking a stroke do the exercises in Help My SDK is Horrible forums.usms.org/showthread.php 5) SPEED how fast can you swim a 25 fly if you can improve your 25 fly time by 1 second you should be able to drop 4 seconds in 100 www.usms.org/.../showthread.php 6) Equipment what kind of suit did you wear when you went 1:08 wear a faster suit 7) Splitting is all about the effort you expend over your race what was your first 50 what was your 2nd 50 what's the difference 8) Mind Stuff IPS stands for Ideal Performance State if you get in IPS before your swim and stay there while you're swimming Getting psyched Being Fierce determined action oriented mentally tough all that stuff and more matters hope this helps I know you can swim Faster Faster now show us Ande your list: Drills maybe if they lead to real new habits that help you swim faster Stretches if you improve the critical factors, like streamline and toe point Strength Workouts ifyou actually strengthen the muscles that help you swim fly faster Side-breathing vs. regular breathing breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes irrelevant preferance items that won't make much difference get stronger, faster, in better shape, and use better technique and you'll melt seconds away from your 100 fly times at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
  • Hey Ray, there's many ways to improve your 100 fl tell us a little more about you age height weight training now and in the past get someone to video you swimming butterfly fast and put it up on you tube you can find everything I know about swimming faster at Swim Faster Faster Ande's Swimming Tips www.usms.org/.../showthread.php read them and apply them to your training Here's what you need to do improve your: 1) technique learn how to swim fly properly haven't seen you swim, don't know what mistakes you're making but probably many butterfly, starts, turns, streamline & SDK 2) conditioning how often do you train how long do you train what intervals can you hold everyone can be in better shape what's the fastest interval you can hold 5 x 100fr on getting 5 seconds rest after each 100 3) BODY strength is critical for speed lift weights to get stronger improve your shape if you're over weight improve your streamline 4) SDK SDK stands for Streamline Dolphin Kick you can SDK 15 meters or 16 yards of each length if you had a fast SDK you could possibly cover 64 yards of a 100 yard race without taking a stroke do the exercises in Help My SDK is Horrible forums.usms.org/showthread.php 5) SPEED how fast can you swim a 25 fly if you can improve your 25 fly time by 1 second you should be able to drop 4 seconds in 100 www.usms.org/.../showthread.php 6) Equipment what kind of suit did you wear when you went 1:08 wear a faster suit 7) Splitting is all about the effort you expend over your race what was your first 50 what was your 2nd 50 what's the difference 8) Mind Stuff IPS stands for Ideal Performance State if you get in IPS before your swim and stay there while you're swimming Getting psyched Being Fierce determined action oriented mentally tough all that stuff and more matters hope this helps I know you can swim Faster Faster now show us Ande your list: Drills maybe if they lead to real new habits that help you swim faster Stretches if you improve the critical factors, like streamline and toe point Strength Workouts ifyou actually strengthen the muscles that help you swim fly faster Side-breathing vs. regular breathing breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes irrelevant preferance items that won't make much difference get stronger, faster, in better shape, and use better technique and you'll melt seconds away from your 100 fly times at the moment i have a 1:08 100yd fly. i need to drop that to a 1:05-1:00. I've got motivation, i just need some direction. what I need: Drills (breathing, kicks,turns) Stretches Strength Workouts Opinions on Side-breathing vs. regular breathing and breathing every other stroke vs. breathing every two strokes
Children
No Data