Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Finding suits are the worst! I learned to swim at 27, went from XL tops since I was 16 to XXL in one year of strictly freestyle and have been XXL for the past 21 years. Suits are impossible with a 50 jacket and a 36 waist. I think the 50 jackets come with 48 waists, to have them tailored would basically be rebuilding the pants from scratch. Thank god for Ralph Lauren suit seperates.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Finding suits are the worst! I learned to swim at 27, went from XL tops since I was 16 to XXL in one year of strictly freestyle and have been XXL for the past 21 years. Suits are impossible with a 50 jacket and a 36 waist. I think the 50 jackets come with 48 waists, to have them tailored would basically be rebuilding the pants from scratch. Thank god for Ralph Lauren suit seperates.
Children
No Data