Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • This one is for Mr. Thornton, Jim, where DO your massively manly shoulders and other aspects of that impressive physique come from? I figured someone needed to ask. Excellent question, David. Thank you for being the first to ever ask it! Though an atheist by nature, I think this is one of the few questions where the best answer is probably "God." Followed very closely by "the world of my imagination." But, really, aren't these the same answer? On that note, I need to get something for dinner. But first, I must figure out how to evacuate my office door without getting my shoulders and massive manhood caught in the opening, necessitating yet another call to paramedics wielding the jaws of life. Well, maybe not the jaws of life. But the jaws of ongoing magnificence. Hmm...if I go through the door sideways, my shoulders will just squeeze through. But that leaves the problem of my manhood... It is not at all easy being the kind of guy that men want to be like and CreamPuffs want to be with. Thanks again, David, for an excellent, thought- and reverie-provoking question!
  • This one is for Mr. Thornton, Jim, where DO your massively manly shoulders and other aspects of that impressive physique come from? I figured someone needed to ask. Excellent question, David. Thank you for being the first to ever ask it! Though an atheist by nature, I think this is one of the few questions where the best answer is probably "God." Followed very closely by "the world of my imagination." But, really, aren't these the same answer? On that note, I need to get something for dinner. But first, I must figure out how to evacuate my office door without getting my shoulders and massive manhood caught in the opening, necessitating yet another call to paramedics wielding the jaws of life. Well, maybe not the jaws of life. But the jaws of ongoing magnificence. Hmm...if I go through the door sideways, my shoulders will just squeeze through. But that leaves the problem of my manhood... It is not at all easy being the kind of guy that men want to be like and CreamPuffs want to be with. Thanks again, David, for an excellent, thought- and reverie-provoking question!
Children
No Data