Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I can't really say that I have tremendous shoulders. I'm not as tall as many male swimmers. I'm 5'9 1/2'' and a quite lean built. I only started swimming in my early Twenties. I have wider shoulders than I had without swimming but compared to some swimmers I look like a squirt:bitching: Am I doing something wrong or do those swimmers that look totally like swimmers just swim a lot more(I train about 3000-4000 yards 4-5 times a week). I used to train every day in the lane next to National swimmers. I hated standing next to them in the shower. I felt like cheetah next to Tarzan:D
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I can't really say that I have tremendous shoulders. I'm not as tall as many male swimmers. I'm 5'9 1/2'' and a quite lean built. I only started swimming in my early Twenties. I have wider shoulders than I had without swimming but compared to some swimmers I look like a squirt:bitching: Am I doing something wrong or do those swimmers that look totally like swimmers just swim a lot more(I train about 3000-4000 yards 4-5 times a week). I used to train every day in the lane next to National swimmers. I hated standing next to them in the shower. I felt like cheetah next to Tarzan:D
Children
No Data