Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Watched it and sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. These guys look 100x better than your average young/ middle aged man. I'm not saying they don't look good, but just wondering whether swimming has to do with the thick neck (doesn't his neck look almost wider than his head?). I remember seeing some other swimmers on TV during the Olympics that also had this peculiar feature.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Watched it and sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. These guys look 100x better than your average young/ middle aged man. I'm not saying they don't look good, but just wondering whether swimming has to do with the thick neck (doesn't his neck look almost wider than his head?). I remember seeing some other swimmers on TV during the Olympics that also had this peculiar feature.
Children
No Data