Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • I always thought it was my build not my swimming that gave me wide shoulders. However, my 19 y/o daughter, formally a swimmer now a collegiate water polo player, does not have my bone structure (hers are small, mine are medium), but she wears a size 0 pant (yes - I am jealous) and a size 6 jacket. :shakeshead: (I cannot even remember being a size 6 - I was 6' tall at 12 (she has stopped at 5'7")) :fish2:
  • I always thought it was my build not my swimming that gave me wide shoulders. However, my 19 y/o daughter, formally a swimmer now a collegiate water polo player, does not have my bone structure (hers are small, mine are medium), but she wears a size 0 pant (yes - I am jealous) and a size 6 jacket. :shakeshead: (I cannot even remember being a size 6 - I was 6' tall at 12 (she has stopped at 5'7")) :fish2:
Children
No Data