Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • Mucho! My shoulders sprung out like leaves on spring trees. I did not swim when I was younger. I found out I "bulk up" as my coach put it. I am not BIG or overweight, but lots of my shirts suddenly became sexy inasmuch as I could not buttom them without pullage. I was on Boston T and this BIG man sat next to me recently and was READING THE PAPER which requires extra room on his part, and I refused to move and scrunch up (I've read that women often scrunch up to let men have more room on public transportation). He said, "You have big shoulders." He was pissed at me for not scrunching up. I said, "Sorry, can't help it; I swim." He shut up. Alas he continued to read his paper and we were quite snug until he got off. Had he been cute . . .
  • Mucho! My shoulders sprung out like leaves on spring trees. I did not swim when I was younger. I found out I "bulk up" as my coach put it. I am not BIG or overweight, but lots of my shirts suddenly became sexy inasmuch as I could not buttom them without pullage. I was on Boston T and this BIG man sat next to me recently and was READING THE PAPER which requires extra room on his part, and I refused to move and scrunch up (I've read that women often scrunch up to let men have more room on public transportation). He said, "You have big shoulders." He was pissed at me for not scrunching up. I said, "Sorry, can't help it; I swim." He shut up. Alas he continued to read his paper and we were quite snug until he got off. Had he been cute . . .
Children
No Data