Who have actually acquired wide shoulders due to swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
It's often said swimming makes your shoulders wider, perhaps breaststroke and butterfly in particular? Are there any real swimmers here who can confirm this with their personal experience? If true, what length of time and intensity of swimming did it take to result in such changes? I suspect this can happen only to competitive swimmers.
Parents
  • Since coming to masters 4 years ago after only having swum a couple years of high school I have gotten much bigger shoulders - lats and other muscle groups which I cannot identify. Clothes from 4 years ago certainly don't fit. The bright side is I've gone down about 2 pant sizes ... however like Shark it's a major pain to find tops that fit.
  • Since coming to masters 4 years ago after only having swum a couple years of high school I have gotten much bigger shoulders - lats and other muscle groups which I cannot identify. Clothes from 4 years ago certainly don't fit. The bright side is I've gone down about 2 pant sizes ... however like Shark it's a major pain to find tops that fit.
Children
No Data