xtra life lycra - how much "xtra?"

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone tried the Speedo suits made of Polyester/Xtra Life Lycra(R) such as the "Flip Turns" series of suits? I'm wondering how much longer they actually last. My baseline is that a regular Nylon 80%/Spandex 20% suit lasts 2.5-3 months training 3 days/week. Also, Nike is making suits of Polyester and XLA Lastol which looks like a new fiber made by Dow. Any comments on the longevity of that combo would be great, too.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I am talking about a high tech suit not just a training swim suit. I am wearing this suit just to see how it performs and how many times it will take the gaff. I have heard some of the high tech suits have a very short life span.all I Know is the polyester suits can last up to 4 or more years. The lycra can last a good 6 months but it all depends on how much chlorine is in the pool. The old lycra suits that I use to wear at my Y would last about 3 months until they started to become see through. My Endura has been in use for three years but fits like a potato sack.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I am talking about a high tech suit not just a training swim suit. I am wearing this suit just to see how it performs and how many times it will take the gaff. I have heard some of the high tech suits have a very short life span.all I Know is the polyester suits can last up to 4 or more years. The lycra can last a good 6 months but it all depends on how much chlorine is in the pool. The old lycra suits that I use to wear at my Y would last about 3 months until they started to become see through. My Endura has been in use for three years but fits like a potato sack.
Children
No Data