xtra life lycra - how much "xtra?"

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone tried the Speedo suits made of Polyester/Xtra Life Lycra(R) such as the "Flip Turns" series of suits? I'm wondering how much longer they actually last. My baseline is that a regular Nylon 80%/Spandex 20% suit lasts 2.5-3 months training 3 days/week. Also, Nike is making suits of Polyester and XLA Lastol which looks like a new fiber made by Dow. Any comments on the longevity of that combo would be great, too.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    My new suit is 82% polyamide, and 18% lycra. Some call polyamide nylon. What a great fit and feel. I rinse it out after each swim in clean cool water. I have worn it 60 times and it feels and looks like new. It is not a speedo, I chose a suit that is 2 sizes smaller then my speedo. I paid $45.00, it is waist to ankle.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    My new suit is 82% polyamide, and 18% lycra. Some call polyamide nylon. What a great fit and feel. I rinse it out after each swim in clean cool water. I have worn it 60 times and it feels and looks like new. It is not a speedo, I chose a suit that is 2 sizes smaller then my speedo. I paid $45.00, it is waist to ankle.
Children
No Data