How often do they change pool water completely?

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone knows how public swimming pools are maintained? Do they completely change the pool water at the end of day, or weekly? Anything they do to the pool overnight (just circulate like daytime, or do nothing, or change entire pool water)? Is the water cleaner in early morning than evening because of this? Thanks.
Parents
  • at my Y, it is changed once a year. But, they are a little lazy on putting fresh water in the pool and thus, the pool gets extremely cloudy. At Villanova, it is probably changed sometime in the summer. All I know whether they change or not, it is a very clean pool. Sometimes, the pool temperature is higher and it gets foggy above the water.
  • at my Y, it is changed once a year. But, they are a little lazy on putting fresh water in the pool and thus, the pool gets extremely cloudy. At Villanova, it is probably changed sometime in the summer. All I know whether they change or not, it is a very clean pool. Sometimes, the pool temperature is higher and it gets foggy above the water.
Children
No Data