Best race you've ever seen?

Former Member
Former Member
As the title says, what's the best race you recall ever seeing?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Quote: Originally Posted by 3strokes forums.usms.org/.../viewpost.gif Athens Olympics. Men's 200m Free final I thought of that one too. I can't remember ever seeing another race that had four titans duking it out like that. Another one that comes to mind is the Barcelona Men's 400m Free final. (Again) Thorpe v/s Hackett where they went stroke for stroke (a tactical rather than a go-for-WR race) for nearly 3/4 of the race and then Ian made his move and, voilá. I also like to watch World-Class 1500meters when swum by one (or more) of the giants of that distance but always get disappointed when they only show the first 150m (when everybody is practically level) then cut to commercials then resume for the last 72 meters when the lapping has already been achieved, the race already decided and all we're doing is watching one guy swimming alone to the finish..........
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Quote: Originally Posted by 3strokes forums.usms.org/.../viewpost.gif Athens Olympics. Men's 200m Free final I thought of that one too. I can't remember ever seeing another race that had four titans duking it out like that. Another one that comes to mind is the Barcelona Men's 400m Free final. (Again) Thorpe v/s Hackett where they went stroke for stroke (a tactical rather than a go-for-WR race) for nearly 3/4 of the race and then Ian made his move and, voilá. I also like to watch World-Class 1500meters when swum by one (or more) of the giants of that distance but always get disappointed when they only show the first 150m (when everybody is practically level) then cut to commercials then resume for the last 72 meters when the lapping has already been achieved, the race already decided and all we're doing is watching one guy swimming alone to the finish..........
Children
No Data