Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Actually, it is awesome. Pretty much everyone I know who has tried refuses to go back to anything else. Really? Hmm .... The word "reusable" kind of grossed me out too. Great avatar, Carrie!! On another topic, I've now read in several places how Dara Torres' pregnancy made her more flexible, hormones loosening the tendons, etc. This seemed like bunk to me at first, but I was chatting with my shoulder doc today. He agreed that my hyper-mobility MIGHT have been increased with 3 pregnancies and that the tendons might not re-tighten. Hyper-mobility is apparently good in youth, not so good when you're older :oldman: because it makes you injury prone. Anyone noticed any change after pregnancies?
  • Actually, it is awesome. Pretty much everyone I know who has tried refuses to go back to anything else. Really? Hmm .... The word "reusable" kind of grossed me out too. Great avatar, Carrie!! On another topic, I've now read in several places how Dara Torres' pregnancy made her more flexible, hormones loosening the tendons, etc. This seemed like bunk to me at first, but I was chatting with my shoulder doc today. He agreed that my hyper-mobility MIGHT have been increased with 3 pregnancies and that the tendons might not re-tighten. Hyper-mobility is apparently good in youth, not so good when you're older :oldman: because it makes you injury prone. Anyone noticed any change after pregnancies?
Children
No Data