Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    What are all these men doing in the women's locker room? Speaking of swimsuits, I have a new theory. AL's Old Theory: I can stock up on lycra workout suits when I see them marked way way down because as long as I don't expose them to chlorine they'll be fine when I finally do wear them. AL's New Theory: My old theory was wrong. I am a bargain hunter and will buy multiple suits at a time if the price is low enough. (There used to be a Hind factory outlet store in Boulder; I remember buying 7 or 8 suits at a time because they were $8.00 apiece.) Consequently, I have a stash of new suits that have never been worn. As you women know, some styles and cuts just fit better than others. Some of my "stash" gets shoved aside if I have a suit I like better. So, I recently pulled out one suit that had been shoved aside repeatedly over the years. To give you an idea of how many years, it was a Victor suit. (How long have they been out of business?) I started wearing it a couple of weeks ago. It felt funny after one wearing; after two or three more it was covered in Lycra "crumbs" when I took it off. I threw it away last night - I don't think it made it through more than 5 workouts. I pulled another suit out of the stash that had also been shoved aside for years. This one's a Tyr. The same thing is happening with it. I doubt that I'll get more than 12-15 workouts out of it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    What are all these men doing in the women's locker room? Speaking of swimsuits, I have a new theory. AL's Old Theory: I can stock up on lycra workout suits when I see them marked way way down because as long as I don't expose them to chlorine they'll be fine when I finally do wear them. AL's New Theory: My old theory was wrong. I am a bargain hunter and will buy multiple suits at a time if the price is low enough. (There used to be a Hind factory outlet store in Boulder; I remember buying 7 or 8 suits at a time because they were $8.00 apiece.) Consequently, I have a stash of new suits that have never been worn. As you women know, some styles and cuts just fit better than others. Some of my "stash" gets shoved aside if I have a suit I like better. So, I recently pulled out one suit that had been shoved aside repeatedly over the years. To give you an idea of how many years, it was a Victor suit. (How long have they been out of business?) I started wearing it a couple of weeks ago. It felt funny after one wearing; after two or three more it was covered in Lycra "crumbs" when I took it off. I threw it away last night - I don't think it made it through more than 5 workouts. I pulled another suit out of the stash that had also been shoved aside for years. This one's a Tyr. The same thing is happening with it. I doubt that I'll get more than 12-15 workouts out of it.
Children
No Data