Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Hi everyone, :Lurking: I love the idea of the Women's Locker Room...thank you, Fortress, for starting this up. I have 2 questions that are relevant to this thread, I suppose. You ladies may have even chatted about them before, but there are 15 long pages to go through and, well, I have laundry to do! :) I'm back to swimming...and a little light headed from the chlorine fumes. First...I've noticed that my regular day facial cream (Clinique w/sunscreen) does not help with the dryness so I have to apply some heavier stuff...any recommendations for a good day facial lotion with sunscreen that can overcome the dryness that comes along with chlorine? Second...I'm tired of my color fading. I'm using UltraSwim shampoo and conditioner. Wondering if there are any other regular shampoo/conditioners that you all swear by to help protect your hair. Thanks for any pointers! Back to lurking. I think all the facial potions with sunscreen are lotions, not moisturizers. Moisturizer is better for dry skin. I use both, but have to apply multiple times a day. Chlorine just scorches my skin. If I'm in it for a multi-day meet, my face turns red. Blech. As for color fading or general hair care, I am not a fan of UltraSwim products. I use some heavy duty moisturizers for dry or fine hair. I also use a product called anti-fade complex by Pureology. Who wants to lose highlights quickly?!
  • Hi everyone, :Lurking: I love the idea of the Women's Locker Room...thank you, Fortress, for starting this up. I have 2 questions that are relevant to this thread, I suppose. You ladies may have even chatted about them before, but there are 15 long pages to go through and, well, I have laundry to do! :) I'm back to swimming...and a little light headed from the chlorine fumes. First...I've noticed that my regular day facial cream (Clinique w/sunscreen) does not help with the dryness so I have to apply some heavier stuff...any recommendations for a good day facial lotion with sunscreen that can overcome the dryness that comes along with chlorine? Second...I'm tired of my color fading. I'm using UltraSwim shampoo and conditioner. Wondering if there are any other regular shampoo/conditioners that you all swear by to help protect your hair. Thanks for any pointers! Back to lurking. I think all the facial potions with sunscreen are lotions, not moisturizers. Moisturizer is better for dry skin. I use both, but have to apply multiple times a day. Chlorine just scorches my skin. If I'm in it for a multi-day meet, my face turns red. Blech. As for color fading or general hair care, I am not a fan of UltraSwim products. I use some heavy duty moisturizers for dry or fine hair. I also use a product called anti-fade complex by Pureology. Who wants to lose highlights quickly?!
Children
No Data