Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • I didn't start swimming masters until my 40's and I feel better now than I did in my 30's, but a big part of that is being a lot more fit and having my life in better balance. I don't do the kind of yardage I did in my teens, but I wouldn't want to - we really overtrained then. My period hasn't changed yet. I do notice some temp swings, but I still sleep well. The 40's have been great, better than the 30's. Very fun discussion group. --mj I'm glad someone likes the 40s! For me, the best thing about the 40s is NOT being pregnant. How are we doing ladies? Ready for Nats? Not freaking about the taper? Taper bitchies in check? I had taper bitchies and taper munchies the first week or so. Much better now. Now I just feel like a slug. Haven't tried on my replacement Pro yet. I can't face the wrestling match.
  • I didn't start swimming masters until my 40's and I feel better now than I did in my 30's, but a big part of that is being a lot more fit and having my life in better balance. I don't do the kind of yardage I did in my teens, but I wouldn't want to - we really overtrained then. My period hasn't changed yet. I do notice some temp swings, but I still sleep well. The 40's have been great, better than the 30's. Very fun discussion group. --mj I'm glad someone likes the 40s! For me, the best thing about the 40s is NOT being pregnant. How are we doing ladies? Ready for Nats? Not freaking about the taper? Taper bitchies in check? I had taper bitchies and taper munchies the first week or so. Much better now. Now I just feel like a slug. Haven't tried on my replacement Pro yet. I can't face the wrestling match.
Children
No Data