Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • PLEASE don't tell me that my 2 hour workout yesterday is like a 6 hour bike ride! I think so NOT! And many cyclists/triathletes would not last through 10 minutes of your swimming workouts. People adapt to their training. I don't cycle as much anymore (I'll try to start up again a little in the summer) but even in my cycling heyday, 5-6 hour rides were few and far between for me but 3-4 hour rides were not. I didn't consider them inherently more difficult than swim practices; you just have to make more allowances for hydration and fueling. The intensity is more important than the volume: I've had 1-hour rides and workouts that were absolutely exhausting.
  • PLEASE don't tell me that my 2 hour workout yesterday is like a 6 hour bike ride! I think so NOT! And many cyclists/triathletes would not last through 10 minutes of your swimming workouts. People adapt to their training. I don't cycle as much anymore (I'll try to start up again a little in the summer) but even in my cycling heyday, 5-6 hour rides were few and far between for me but 3-4 hour rides were not. I didn't consider them inherently more difficult than swim practices; you just have to make more allowances for hydration and fueling. The intensity is more important than the volume: I've had 1-hour rides and workouts that were absolutely exhausting.
Children
No Data