Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Heather, I too hope you feel better. I need some good 40s stories!! If you are having bad experiences in your 40s, I hate to see what I'm going to encounter. :toohurt: 5 AM is impressive. I am hurting from 5:30 AM practices this week (I'm used to the very late hour of 5:45 AM.) No wonder you are thinking about building a pool - how awesome is that to be able to do it!! If you add in one more lane, you could just about hold a swim meet there!! We joke in my family that we could actually put in an olympic size pool in our backyard as we have plenty of space. I always decline as I could see myself growing old just picking leaves out of that thing every day! ICK! Send us pics when it's done! Pugs rule! Kristina. Enjoy 35! It was my fastest year as well. I hate to admit it but things do slow down (at least they did for me) and there was a big difference for me between 35 and 39. The athletic slow down won't bother me, though, as much as the hormonal stuff. At least I have a few years before that. The biggest draw back for the pool for me is the fact that basically I am then pretty much committed to this house, forever. As far as the leaves go, isn't that what your husband is for? ha...ha... Nashville has a Pug Festival sometime in May every year. You guys should bring Frappie. Hundreds of pugs gathered in one place for games and contests. It is a hoot...
  • Heather, I too hope you feel better. I need some good 40s stories!! If you are having bad experiences in your 40s, I hate to see what I'm going to encounter. :toohurt: 5 AM is impressive. I am hurting from 5:30 AM practices this week (I'm used to the very late hour of 5:45 AM.) No wonder you are thinking about building a pool - how awesome is that to be able to do it!! If you add in one more lane, you could just about hold a swim meet there!! We joke in my family that we could actually put in an olympic size pool in our backyard as we have plenty of space. I always decline as I could see myself growing old just picking leaves out of that thing every day! ICK! Send us pics when it's done! Pugs rule! Kristina. Enjoy 35! It was my fastest year as well. I hate to admit it but things do slow down (at least they did for me) and there was a big difference for me between 35 and 39. The athletic slow down won't bother me, though, as much as the hormonal stuff. At least I have a few years before that. The biggest draw back for the pool for me is the fact that basically I am then pretty much committed to this house, forever. As far as the leaves go, isn't that what your husband is for? ha...ha... Nashville has a Pug Festival sometime in May every year. You guys should bring Frappie. Hundreds of pugs gathered in one place for games and contests. It is a hoot...
Children
No Data