Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • No need to convince me not to have kids! Without getting too verbose, does this help? Focus Points on free flip turns w/ SDK and breakout 1. On last pull to wall: Drive downward w/ arm and hand and head; use head and abs to flip quickly (I NEVER knew to drive DOWN on last pull into the wall) 2. Flip STRAIGHT over (not at an angle as you lose velocity); I tend to flip sideways or at an angle 3. Streamline w/ arms AT and squeezing ears (not behind); I had arms way behind my ears as I thought this was better but it's not as it made for a sloppy streamline w/ an arched back 4. Take your time and push off ONLY - DO NOT start dolphin kick right away!!! Wait a brief moment! Then begin dolphin kicks. Who knew? I rushed this and always tried to dolphin as quickly as possible. 5. Take several dolphin kicks on your side, then rotate to stomach and continue dolphin kicks; Dolphin kick starts from mid-chest and goes downward to your toes. DO NOT try and move your head, neck and shoulders when dolphining. (I tried to do that.) 6. After dolphining on stomach, ascend and breakout with your flutter kick. TAKE YOUR TIME and breakout w/ flutter kick first, THEN start in with the arms; Think about ascending to the surface like a SUBMARINE. (I tried to flutter kick and move my arms at the same time. That is wrong). 7. Head looks directly down at pool bottom when on stomach. Do not attempt to move your head around and out of the streamline position or pull it up! Think neutral position. Get out to the 10 meter mark. Do a set of 8x50 @ 1:00 starting from the middle of the pool (to get in 2 flip turns per 50). Swim slow but execute perfect turns. I hope I explained this correctly. Take your time to work on each element. Don't rush it in order to have a :bolt: (speedy) turn. Sort of counterintuitive. . . Thank you! By some miracle, I think this is largely what I am doing. Except sometimes I do go a bit sideways on the free turns too. Trying to eradicate that completely.
  • No need to convince me not to have kids! Without getting too verbose, does this help? Focus Points on free flip turns w/ SDK and breakout 1. On last pull to wall: Drive downward w/ arm and hand and head; use head and abs to flip quickly (I NEVER knew to drive DOWN on last pull into the wall) 2. Flip STRAIGHT over (not at an angle as you lose velocity); I tend to flip sideways or at an angle 3. Streamline w/ arms AT and squeezing ears (not behind); I had arms way behind my ears as I thought this was better but it's not as it made for a sloppy streamline w/ an arched back 4. Take your time and push off ONLY - DO NOT start dolphin kick right away!!! Wait a brief moment! Then begin dolphin kicks. Who knew? I rushed this and always tried to dolphin as quickly as possible. 5. Take several dolphin kicks on your side, then rotate to stomach and continue dolphin kicks; Dolphin kick starts from mid-chest and goes downward to your toes. DO NOT try and move your head, neck and shoulders when dolphining. (I tried to do that.) 6. After dolphining on stomach, ascend and breakout with your flutter kick. TAKE YOUR TIME and breakout w/ flutter kick first, THEN start in with the arms; Think about ascending to the surface like a SUBMARINE. (I tried to flutter kick and move my arms at the same time. That is wrong). 7. Head looks directly down at pool bottom when on stomach. Do not attempt to move your head around and out of the streamline position or pull it up! Think neutral position. Get out to the 10 meter mark. Do a set of 8x50 @ 1:00 starting from the middle of the pool (to get in 2 flip turns per 50). Swim slow but execute perfect turns. I hope I explained this correctly. Take your time to work on each element. Don't rush it in order to have a :bolt: (speedy) turn. Sort of counterintuitive. . . Thank you! By some miracle, I think this is largely what I am doing. Except sometimes I do go a bit sideways on the free turns too. Trying to eradicate that completely.
Children
No Data