Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Thanks Julie. I actually work at the hospital next door to that pool. The pool is great and FAST but it can get cold. Brad Kale is an awesome coach. Unfortunately that team practices from 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m. which is WAY too late for me. I swim at 5 a.m. in Brentwood with the rival program and on my own. Because of my insane work schedule, I am drawing up the plans for a two lane, 25 yard pool in my back yard with an adjacent post-workout hot tub so if you come back to Nashville in a year or so you can come swim at my house! Heather, I too hope you feel better. I need some good 40s stories!! If you are having bad experiences in your 40s, I hate to see what I'm going to encounter. :toohurt: 5 AM is impressive. I am hurting from 5:30 AM practices this week (I'm used to the very late hour of 5:45 AM.) No wonder you are thinking about building a pool - how awesome is that to be able to do it!! If you add in one more lane, you could just about hold a swim meet there!! We joke in my family that we could actually put in an olympic size pool in our backyard as we have plenty of space. I always decline as I could see myself growing old just picking leaves out of that thing every day! ICK! Send us pics when it's done! Pugs rule!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Thanks Julie. I actually work at the hospital next door to that pool. The pool is great and FAST but it can get cold. Brad Kale is an awesome coach. Unfortunately that team practices from 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m. which is WAY too late for me. I swim at 5 a.m. in Brentwood with the rival program and on my own. Because of my insane work schedule, I am drawing up the plans for a two lane, 25 yard pool in my back yard with an adjacent post-workout hot tub so if you come back to Nashville in a year or so you can come swim at my house! Heather, I too hope you feel better. I need some good 40s stories!! If you are having bad experiences in your 40s, I hate to see what I'm going to encounter. :toohurt: 5 AM is impressive. I am hurting from 5:30 AM practices this week (I'm used to the very late hour of 5:45 AM.) No wonder you are thinking about building a pool - how awesome is that to be able to do it!! If you add in one more lane, you could just about hold a swim meet there!! We joke in my family that we could actually put in an olympic size pool in our backyard as we have plenty of space. I always decline as I could see myself growing old just picking leaves out of that thing every day! ICK! Send us pics when it's done! Pugs rule!
Children
No Data