Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    HA HA! This was ME about 4 years ago. I did a few Ironman races between 2001-2004 and the training was insane. Easily 20+ hours a week during the height of the season. I would say I probably averaged over 15 hours a week between the swim/bike/run/weights throughout the entire season. And really only swam about 9000 yards per week during those years. Being this far away from those years, I just don't know how I ever did it and don't have any desire to do it again. I love swimming and am exhausted from the swim training that I do now. Having said that, I am JUST as excited about Nationals as I was going into those IM races. Instead of 12 hours of racing during one day, you get 4 days and 6 events and each is it's own unique opportunity. If I completely suck at the 1650, then Friday will be a new day with new races! Very, very impressive Julie! I so agree with you on the training issues and on how great swim meets are in comparison to the tri races. (I never felt like puking or passing out after a swim race!) I tried some sprint tris and it was awful. Waay to hard. I love swimming as it really does seem ez and so much more FUN in comparison!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    HA HA! This was ME about 4 years ago. I did a few Ironman races between 2001-2004 and the training was insane. Easily 20+ hours a week during the height of the season. I would say I probably averaged over 15 hours a week between the swim/bike/run/weights throughout the entire season. And really only swam about 9000 yards per week during those years. Being this far away from those years, I just don't know how I ever did it and don't have any desire to do it again. I love swimming and am exhausted from the swim training that I do now. Having said that, I am JUST as excited about Nationals as I was going into those IM races. Instead of 12 hours of racing during one day, you get 4 days and 6 events and each is it's own unique opportunity. If I completely suck at the 1650, then Friday will be a new day with new races! Very, very impressive Julie! I so agree with you on the training issues and on how great swim meets are in comparison to the tri races. (I never felt like puking or passing out after a swim race!) I tried some sprint tris and it was awful. Waay to hard. I love swimming as it really does seem ez and so much more FUN in comparison!
Children
No Data