Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    So true. For triathletes, a "rest day" is a swim-only day. Oh, and for them a 5-6 hour bike ride is not all that big a deal either (at least, no more than the kinds of workouts YOU do in the water). PLEASE don't tell me that my 2 hour workout yesterday is like a 6 hour bike ride! I think so NOT! I can't last more than 45 minutes on a bike! Today was stroke and turn day w/ the head coach (he just got back from the Toyota Grand Prix meet)! It was AWESOME!! We went through SDK off the walls and free flip turns w/ SDK step by step. I got tips I had NEVER heard of! I can actually make it out 10 meters now by just following his tips (an improvement from barely making it to the flags!). It's tiring granted - but I can at least get out far now!! Who knew!? Here I am off the wall now :bolt: Then after 10 minutes the ride would turn into a total hammerfest. (And they love to try to humiliate swimmers, too, for making them look like such tools in the water.) Totally. They hate swimmers!! I guess I know why now. They've even told me to my face. Some of them are rather nasty (not all mind you!) Oh well.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    So true. For triathletes, a "rest day" is a swim-only day. Oh, and for them a 5-6 hour bike ride is not all that big a deal either (at least, no more than the kinds of workouts YOU do in the water). PLEASE don't tell me that my 2 hour workout yesterday is like a 6 hour bike ride! I think so NOT! I can't last more than 45 minutes on a bike! Today was stroke and turn day w/ the head coach (he just got back from the Toyota Grand Prix meet)! It was AWESOME!! We went through SDK off the walls and free flip turns w/ SDK step by step. I got tips I had NEVER heard of! I can actually make it out 10 meters now by just following his tips (an improvement from barely making it to the flags!). It's tiring granted - but I can at least get out far now!! Who knew!? Here I am off the wall now :bolt: Then after 10 minutes the ride would turn into a total hammerfest. (And they love to try to humiliate swimmers, too, for making them look like such tools in the water.) Totally. They hate swimmers!! I guess I know why now. They've even told me to my face. Some of them are rather nasty (not all mind you!) Oh well.
Children
No Data