Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. HA HA! This was ME about 4 years ago. I did a few Ironman races between 2001-2004 and the training was insane. Easily 20+ hours a week during the height of the season. I would say I probably averaged over 15 hours a week between the swim/bike/run/weights throughout the entire season. And really only swam about 9000 yards per week during those years. Being this far away from those years, I just don't know how I ever did it and don't have any desire to do it again. I love swimming and am exhausted from the swim training that I do now. Having said that, I am JUST as excited about Nationals as I was going into those IM races. Instead of 12 hours of racing during one day, you get 4 days and 6 events and each is it's own unique opportunity. If I completely suck at the 1650, then Friday will be a new day with new races!
  • They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. HA HA! This was ME about 4 years ago. I did a few Ironman races between 2001-2004 and the training was insane. Easily 20+ hours a week during the height of the season. I would say I probably averaged over 15 hours a week between the swim/bike/run/weights throughout the entire season. And really only swam about 9000 yards per week during those years. Being this far away from those years, I just don't know how I ever did it and don't have any desire to do it again. I love swimming and am exhausted from the swim training that I do now. Having said that, I am JUST as excited about Nationals as I was going into those IM races. Instead of 12 hours of racing during one day, you get 4 days and 6 events and each is it's own unique opportunity. If I completely suck at the 1650, then Friday will be a new day with new races!
Children
No Data