Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • I feel that the triathletes I know are VERY honest about their absolute insane training schedule. They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. So true. For triathletes, a "rest day" is a swim-only day. Oh, and for them a 5-6 hour bike ride is not all that big a deal either (at least, no more than the kinds of workouts YOU do in the water). But in my experience triathletes (cyclists too) are the world's worst sandbaggers. When I first started going on bike rides with them, I just couldn't BELIEVE all the moaning and groaning that went on before the ride. How awful they've been feeling, how long since the last good ride, how slow they were going to go, on and on. I would think to myself, "what a bunch of old ladies." Then after 10 minutes the ride would turn into a total hammerfest. (And they love to try to humiliate swimmers, too, for making them look like such tools in the water.)
  • I feel that the triathletes I know are VERY honest about their absolute insane training schedule. They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. So true. For triathletes, a "rest day" is a swim-only day. Oh, and for them a 5-6 hour bike ride is not all that big a deal either (at least, no more than the kinds of workouts YOU do in the water). But in my experience triathletes (cyclists too) are the world's worst sandbaggers. When I first started going on bike rides with them, I just couldn't BELIEVE all the moaning and groaning that went on before the ride. How awful they've been feeling, how long since the last good ride, how slow they were going to go, on and on. I would think to myself, "what a bunch of old ladies." Then after 10 minutes the ride would turn into a total hammerfest. (And they love to try to humiliate swimmers, too, for making them look like such tools in the water.)
Children
No Data